We looked at several job postings today.
It is good to know that the market is good in the field of Ed Tech. However, those job postings look always daunting to me. It is just important to keep on applying and not to take things personally.
I learned the word “Learning Science” is becoming popular and important. It means that this field considers sociocultural, constructivism, informal/non-formal components in learning. “AIM” means authorizing Instructional Materials. “ISD” (meaning Instructional Systems Design) would mean that applicants would need to know Dick & Carey, ADDIE, and Smith & Ragan. I learned all these information in authentic activities of looking at job postings in a type of informal, apprenticed, collaborative ways today.
On a side note, because I am not doing a TA in the program, I might be missing informal conversations with peers and professors in the field which might otherwise give me a lot of occasions to learn those culturally-embedded pieces of information.
Shigtake
Shigetake
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment